On January 3, 2008, we switched our home energy usage to Bullfrog Power! That means that we draw our energy from the Ontario grid's Bullfrog's green power. Our power costs now are supporting clean, renewable power instead of polluting and carbon-intensive sources like coal.
Support from customers like us is helping to bring more new renewable power online with the use of wind turbines here in Canada. To learn more, see Bullfrog and Flick Off: http://www.bullfrogpower.com and http://www.flickoff.org
80 Frank Green Checklist - We're trying to make a difference, and we're not done yet!
Click "read more" to view the full list!
- Converted energy source to Bullfrog Power
- Added insulation to old house walls
- Added insulation to old house windows, reinforced all storm windows and doors seals
- Installed a green roof on the new construction, across two stories
- Installed Bamboo hardwoods in the entire house
- Purchased double pane, argon filled, low emission gas in the new extension
- Additional windows reduces the amount of electricity needed to brighten rooms during the daytime
- Purchased new High efficiency furnace
- Where possible, replaced appliances with EnergyStar appliances - Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer
- Installed PaperStone recycled paper for the kitchen countertops and island.